Páginas

Ajude a manter esse blog

sexta-feira, março 30, 2018

nullo tempore putrescit (English version)

(This is a rush translation. Version may not be in its final form.)

Shadows we were. No attic and not even a basement. It was always night inside. In this house, there were at least nine rooms, always yellow lights that created many points of shadow.
The city had been out of electricity for three days. The storm also interrupted the communications of the islands with the mainland.
Who were those four strange women who looked soulless and endowed with incredible intellectual energy?
Why did we seem to sleep all day?
Why did we only serve to do homework and receive "visitors" from time to time?
I could not even tell you how long that had lasted. I tried to watch our position from the windows, but the mist always seemed to bring a gray scenery, neither day nor night. Or maybe it was my mind that had a permanent veil over it. It was like a hallucination that never ended.
"Time depends on where you are" - our servant - practically blind - said once.
One day, or would it be a night?, I would clean one of the bedrooms and find a baby, about three days old, curled up on the bed.
My cry drew the attention of one of the women, who told me only:
- Get out of here. It's a curse you carry for all future generations.
I decided I needed to get out of the house.
I thought about not eating my first food - my bread and tea.
I passed the storage room, full of glasses with animals in the formaldehyde, and I went to the door to the garden.
I opened the door, even though I had always been aware of the danger involved.
I went up the muddy steps to a place where I had already been with the first woman.
It was a kind of greenhouse, covered with a glass ceiling and a net that created shadows. I frightened myself with the servant.
"Look at those plants. They were combined. It's not just with the time they play. These women know how to handle living things for centuries, he told me.
There beside it, many stones sharpened in rows like a plantation. A heavy rain began. It seemed to me to see something on earth. I dug with my hands.
I went back to the house in fear.
The third woman looked at me with hatred and dragged me through the hair. I was placed in a dark, narrow room and stayed there for a long time.
In my dream, a woman showed me a fruit of green bark - she would take her seed with a knife and put a small insect inside. Many bees out of a beehive.
So I get it. They would decimate the whole race.
I woke up to the sound of the door. The servant had opened it, with a candle in his hands,
- Run away now.
I ran as the man set fire to himself to set the house on fire.

Afonso Junior Ferreira de Lima

Nenhum comentário: